The Aeroseal Duct Sealing Process
DuctMedic are experts in duct sealing. Aeroseal Duct Sealing is a patented breakthrough technology that tackles leaks from the inside out. Aeroseal software allows the technician to accurately measure the duct leakage in residential homes and commercial buildings. The Aeroseal process puts escaping air under pressure and causes polymer particles to stick first to the edges of a leak, then to each other until the leak is closed.
The technology was developed within the Indoor Environment Program at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, whose IAQ scientists tested it. The research was funded by US Environmental protection agency, US dept. of Energy, Electric Power Research Institute and California Institute of Energy and Environment.
The University of California was granted initial patents in 1996 and 1999, and Aeroseal holds an exclusive license to the technology.
While energy savings resulting from reducing leakage vary based on climate, utility rates, and your heating and cooling system, the other goals of even temperatures in all rooms, improved indoor air quality, and reduction of odors and fumes will be achieved regardless of those conditions. In commercial building applications, Aeroseal also solves air flow and ventilation issues in addition to energy savings.
The Aeroseal 6-step process takes very little time to bring you big savings and comfort:
- Wall registers are covered in order for air to escape only through the leaks
- Sealant in injected into the ducts for approximately 1 hour
- Small aerosol particles are kept suspended in the airflow by continuous air movement
- As the air stream makes a sharp turn to exit through a leak, the particles collide with and adhere to the leak edges
- Ducts are sealed with only 1-2 oz. of the sealant material remaining in the ducts
- A computer-generated analysis summarizing your home’s or building’s amount of leakage is generated, providing verification of success of the process
|Aeroseal Facts||Did You Know?||Aeroseal Facts||Did You Know?|
|Some homeowners have saved up to 40% of their energy bills after having the Aeroseal air duct sealing system seal their central air duct system. A typical homeowner should expect to see measurable reduction in energy use for Heating and Cooling.||The Aeroseal process won the “Best of What’s New” award from Popular Science magazine, and the “Energy 100″ award from the Department of Energy (DOE).||The Department Of Energy also rated the Aeroseal duct sealing process as one of the 23 most beneficial technologies available to American consumers that has come out since the agency was created.||The US Department of Energy (DOE) states that energy wasted from leaky residential ducts alone is equivalent to the energy burned by 13 million cars a year.|