Are Leaking Ducts Costing You More Than You Think?
You can see a water leak, but an air leak is invisible. Duct leaks can be difficult and costly to find with ductwork hidden between the walls, floors, and ceilings of any residential home or commercial building. The older, traditional use of mastic (a messy caulk-like substance) or taping of leaks not only is less effective than Aeroseal, but also can be very labor-intensive and expensive and can only be applied to ducts with physical access.
Other substances break down over time, but the Aeroseal sealant does not and even has a 10 year WARRANTY to back it up.
Do-it-yourselfers might attempt their own fixes, but what about those ducts you or your HVAC specialist can’t see or access? Let Aeroseal handle the entire job and you won’t be tearing up your home or worried about incomplete seals. Aeroseal pinpoints and covers leaks, in roughly an hour, from the inside out with a success rate of up to 98%. Aeroseal is the most effective, affordable, and viable method of sealing air duct leaks on the market.
In commercial buildings most ducts have none to very limited physical access, which lends Aeroseal to be the only solution in the market which can guarantee results and improvements.
Aeroseal can reduce duct leakage by up to 90%, reduce your energy use by up to 30%. Aeroseal has also been shown to dramatically improve comfort and homeowner satisfaction with their heating and cooling systems.
Leaky ducts in a residential home contribute to:
- Loss of cool and warm conditioned air to the outside or unconditioned spaces of your home resulting in high energy bills
- Even the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems not performing at its best
- Forcing your system to work harder and wear out sooner, costing you yet more money
- Excess humidity levels that can lead to costly home repairs
- Hard to heat or cool rooms leading to discomfort
- Musty odors and other indoor air quality (IAQ) issues
Leaky ducts in a commercial building contribute to:
- Loss of air resulting in significant increase in fan power energy use and over high energy bills
- Air contamination due to duct leakage in hospitals and doctor’s offices
- Air balance issues and problems complying with the Air Flow building codes
- Poor ventilation in high rise buildings such as hotels and multifamily dwellings resulting in unpleasant odors
- Unable to keep non-smoking sections of the building uncontaminated from cigarette smoke
What are the benefits?
- Airtight savings: The money formerly leaking out of your ducts will stay in your pocket longer
- Airtight comfort: Your hard to heat or cool rooms will have more even temperatures and be more comfortable
- Improved air quality: You will see a reduction in dust and humidity, along with fumes and other odors
- Reaches everywhere: Seals leaks nearly impossible to reach using other methods
- You’ll be a small part of a bigger solution: A reduction of the amount of air pollution created from generating less energy
- Solve your building air flow and ventilation problems!
Dust and Allergies in Your Home?
Do you suffer from allergies? Did you know that your home is filled with pollen, dust mites, mold, animal dander and other contaminates that are common allergy triggers? You cannot control the pollen or dust outside of your home but you can control it inside by making sure your ducts are tightly sealed. If you have leaky air ducts, you can expect your allergies to be high whether you are inside or outside.
Luckily, Aeroseal can patch up any leaks in the ductwork in your home. Ductwork typically runs through attics, crawlspaces, basements or even behind walls. Leaks in your ductwork will suck air from these spaces into your living areas therefore polluting it with unwanted dust. By sealing ductwork with Aeroseal’s technology, you can limit the entrance points of your home that allow for dust, pollen, mold, and pet dander into your home therefore creating a much cleaner and healthier environment.
Energy & Utility Savings
Over 90% of existing buildings have air duct systems that contain small holes reducing the level of comfort while increasing heating and cooling costs. On average, 30 cents of every $1 spent on heating and cooling never makes it to your living spaces because it is leaking out of your ductwork. Let DuctMedic help you start saving on your energy and utility bills with the Aeroseal technology.
Do you notice your HVAC system is constantly running causing higher than expected utility bills? Duct leaks are caused by a variety of factors including the type of construction, age, and type of ductwork installed. Repair your existing HVAC system and start saving on cooling, heating, and fan energy today.
Seal your home’s ductwork with Aeroseal and experience less dust and allergies and start saving on energy and utilities in your home!
Did You Know?
The U.S. Department of Energy and the Electric Power Research Institute determined … 25% to 40% of the heating and cooling energy put out by heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems … is lost through the ductwork system.